Sunday, April 17, 2005

Fantastic Failures Folder

Some people think it is terrible to fail. Others seem to think it is just fine, even an asset or a bonus. I firmly believe with the latter. And I am not just saying that because I have done it a lot and need to justify it. I really honestly believe it. Firstly, provided someone doesn't lose their limbs, their senses or a child as a result, I would generally rather hear about people's failures than their successes--they tend to be far more comical and to provide a higher learning curve. And I love the story I heard a couple of nights ago from a friend who is officially one of the smartest people in the world (if you take his field, and his job title into account), and yet still revels in his failures. The way he deals with them is to take each rejection letter and place it in a FFF (Fantastic Failures Folder). The beauty of this is that as soon as he sees how fat that folder is already, the pain of the small drop in the ocean that is the specific, current failure he is focusing on, gets significantly diminished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home